How to Refer/Our Admissions Process
- Residents are admitted voluntarily on a referral from a mental health professional or organization. We also welcome self and family referrals. Pasadena Villa Network of Services has professionals on staff 24 hours a day to answer questions about our programs.
- All referrals and inquiries begin with a call to our Admissions Staff, who are specialists in client intake and assessment at (877) 845-5235. On this call, they will obtain pertinent clinical and demographic information, and begin the assessment process. We will also request that certain records be forwarded for clinical review, including:
- Most recent psychiatric evaluation
- Most recent history and physical
- Most recent psycho-social history
- Most recent clinical notes (if in a treatment program)
- List of current medications (dosage and frequency)
- Other clinical or educational records that may be useful
- All potential residents are encouraged to complete our Online Application for treatment. This application may be completed by the client, a parent or a professional referent. Once the clinical information has been reviewed by our Admissions Coordinator and/or Clinical Manager, a determination of acceptance will be given. For clients who are accepted into our treatment programs, the parent or person responsible for financial payment will be forwarded to the Business Office to make payment arrangements. Start here to submit an online application for treatment.
Admissions & Exclusionary Criteria
- ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Must be diagnosed as having a psychiatric disorder classified as a clinical syndrome on Axis I of the Diagnostic Statistical Manual For Mental Disorders (DSM-IV);
- Age 18 or older;
- Has IQ of, at least 70 (exceptions are at the discretion of the treatment team);
- Ambulatory or capable of self-transfer;
- Free of major medical conditions requiring continuous (24/7) nursing services;
- Self-administers medication with staff supervision;
- Able to participate in treatment programming and services;
- Initiates and participates in social interaction with staff supervision;
- Maintains personal hygiene and grooming with staff supervision;
- Performs assigned household chores with staff supervision;
- Is capable of self-preservation in accordance with Florida ACHA Regulations or Tennessee Life Safety Licensure Rules and;
- Residents must admit themselves voluntarily or under the designation of a present legal guardian or conservator with appropriate documentation at the time of admission.
- EXCLUSIONARY CRITERIA
- Major medical conditions requiring continuous (24/7) nursing services;
- Any persons with communication barriers, such as inability to adequately communicate verbally, visual or auditory;
- Chronic inappropriate behavior which disrupts, or could potentially disrupt, the facility’s activities or is harmful to self or others;
- Any prior diagnosis, determination or legal charges categorizing the person as a sexual offender, sexual perpetrator or sexual predator;
- Any person seeking residential treatment in lieu of incarceration;
- Any person with a history of Arson or fire setting.
Services we provide
- The clinical and Social Integration services we provide include:
- Review and Synthesis of prior clinical records
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Management and Medication Education with physician
- Assistance with Medication
- Administration and Self-Sufficiency
- Individual, Group and Family Psychotherapies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Psycho-Educational Groups
- Individual and Group Therapy for Addiction and Substance Abuse
- Relapse Prevention Planning
- Assistance with 12-step and Recovery Services
- Art Therapy
- Equine/Animal Assisted Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Discharge planning and care coordination
- Social and Cultural Activities within the Community
- Case Management and Service Coordination
- Academic Support and Academic Accommodations
- Housing and Community Living Supports
- Life Skills and Independent Living Skills Training
- Social Mentoring
- Recreational and Activities Therapies
**Services Provided vary by location. Please see our Program Comparison Chart for further details.**
Our Levels of Care
- There are multiple points of entry, and residents may be admitted to any level of care (when appropriate), without having to start at the most intensive level. Residents may move between levels of care as progress is made, or when more intensive services are needed, and enjoy continuity of care from the clinical team. For a detailed description of our various levels of care available at each facility, please visit our Levels of Care page and our Program Comparison Chart for further details.
S.I.M. (Our clinical philosophy)
- Our Social Integration Model synthesizes psychiatric, psychological, psycho-therapeutic, expressive and experiential therapies, as well as social mentoring into a socially active treatment experience that is in real time and is relevant in today’s world. Our staff uses every opportunity to intervene and teach, right there in the moment resulting in immediate feedback, guidance, and mentoring. Social, recreational, cultural, and life skills activities within the community form a core component of our treatment programs to prepare our residents for their journey after leaving our services. For more information on our clinical philosophy, please visit our Social Integration Model page for further details.
Communication during treatment
- With permission, we will contact referral sources with any updates and request input as we develop and implement an individualized treatment plan. Our treatment includes the involvement of family members, referring psychiatrists or therapists and other key supporters over the course of each resident’s treatment, from the moment a referral has been made, until after the resident has been discharged.
- Families or guardians are financially responsible for travel arrangements. Pasadena Villa staff can provide a list of sober escort companies if needed. If a resident is able to travel alone, Pasadena Villa can coordinate a pick-up time and place which is typically outside the baggage claim area of the Orlando or Knoxville airports. Please click Pasadena Villa Orlando Map and Directions or Pasadena Villa’s Smoky Mountain Lodge Map and Directions for more information.
Resident demographics, average length of stay
- Please view our Client Profile and Satisfaction data below for further information.
- Once the resident is discharged they are returned to the care of the referring psychiatrist or other professional. With the client’s permission, we will communicate the discharge plan and date.
Costs of Treatment/Financial Arrangements/Insurance
- To maintain the lowest rates for treatment with the highest quality of care, all of Pasadena Villa’s programs are primarily private pay. Pasadena Villa Network of Services does not accept Medicaid or Medicare or Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI). Additionally, costs of medication and fees for laboratory tests are not included in the price of treatment.
- We utilize an independent third party insurance billing specialist called A-Fordable Billing Solutions to assist you in seeking insurance benefits. We are currently “in-network” with Beech Street, a Multi-Plan Network, but accept insurances on an out-of-network basis. Please be aware that even if you have mental health benefits, there are no guarantees that your insurance will pay for treatment in our programs. Please visit our Insurance page for further details.
download our brochure
view our program comparison chart
view our Levels of Care
view our sample schedules
For admission information about any of our locations
Call 877.845.5235 or 407.246.0887